Cue Lists, assigning multiple MIDI controls rather than just step next/back

ldorio

Cue Lists, assigning multiple MIDI controls rather than just step next/back

Postby ldorio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Hey all, Nikolai, happy new year! :)

As promised, I'm now registered for LP2.

So now I wanted to ask for a bit of help, possibly a feature request.

It's difficult to easily explain this, but I use LP2 in a broadcast scenario. When I hit a MIDI button on my mixer, it triggers a cue to mute the speakers in studio, unmute the microphone after 250ms, and to change routing on the headphones so that I can monitor my voice through headphones when I talk. Then when I mess the same button, it does the same thing in reverse - the mic turns off, the speakers turn on, and the headphones become a PFL so I can listen through my mixer to what I am playing next. I've done this all though the cues, and it works pretty great.

I need a few different variations on this, and my mixer has literally 60 different MIDI controls of different types, so I'd like to assign a different button for each of these different little macros. Yes, I can do a MIDI learn inside of each Cue, but each program has multiple steps, and using a MIDI learn here will fire all of the cues in one shot.

So, unless I'm missing something, this isn't necessarily possible the way I want it?

I was thinking that maybe the "Go To" function in the Cues could be expanded to include a pause function, so that you can use one button to step forward in an individual program - rather than using the LP step forward function and having to manually arm the cue that you want to use to do this?

Sorry for my bad explanation, but I'd always be willing to try to explain more or to even show my examples here, videos, or anything. LP is better than anything else I've used, so I would love to make it do exactly what I need :D
nikolai

Re: Cue Lists, assigning multiple MIDI controls rather than just step next/back

Postby nikolai » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi
No, currently there is no logic to let the same midi trigger trigger two cues based on a state. (I guess that is what you would need)
The only option is if you can program the mixer so that it latches the button. like this:
Press nr 1:
Send Note On

Press nr 2
Send note Off

Then you could have one cue on Note On, and one on Note Off
Depends on the mixer I guess
ldorio

Postby ldorio » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:38 am

Yep, precisely. None of my devices can be programmed to toggle note on/note off on each press.

Any chance it would be possible you can add this? I could always get something like Bome's MIDI translator, but this would be a heck of a lot of setup and moving parts that could break just to program a toggle.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 am

Hi
Not sure how this could be implemented, I dont see how this would look in the GUI? Would need to think about that.
When you start up how would it know what cue to run when you first press the button? What if you change the state inside the program how does the button react?
A workaround at the momment is to use two buttons one for each cue.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”