A little annoyance with an external sound card

AEK

A little annoyance with an external sound card

Postby AEK » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi,
Before downloading the project, I forgot to power on Fireface. The LP( V 2.1.3 ) issued a warning message. I closed the project without saving it. I turned on the sound card and loaded the project again. The project loaded normally. But, audio routing has not recovered. Therefore, it was required to setup it in Wire mode. This is distressing because our projects use 4-5 five-channel chains.
How can you avoid such inconvenience?
nikolai

Re: A little annoyance with an external sound card

Postby nikolai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi
Are you sure the Fireface was selected in audio & midi settings?
It might have jumped out when you started the app with FF off.
The routing would go away if you load the project and the sound cards does not have enough inputs/outputs.
If you make sure the device is on, selected and all channels are active (or the ones you need)
Then load the project.
If you do have this problem again, recalling a global snapshot that was created with the correct IO, should set the patch, as long as there is enough IO available.
AEK

Postby AEK » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Yes, Nikolai. The problem can be solved only by launching a global snapshot.
And is this method so good? Maybe it makes sense to include in the project file something like a global snapshot and then the LP at the start of the project itself will restore all the necessary settings ...
Andrey.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi
Yes the project IS a global snapshot.
The point is that the audio device has to be OK before recall. so either OK before project load, or if you wait untill after you load you need to re-load or run a snapshot.
AEK

Postby AEK » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:00 pm

HI,
If I do this:
1. I forgot to turn on the sound card and try to download the project.
2. LP generates a warning and changes the sound path settings.
3. I closed the project without saving it.
4. Turned on the sound card.
5. I uploaded the same project. The project loaded normally, but without restoration of audio paths. (The situation is strange. Why not restore the values ​​that are stored in the project - the sound card is already available ?!)
To restore audio paths, you are prompted to use the global snapshot. Yes, it's good and works. But, this is not a comfortable solution. I see another way - when loading the LP project, seeing the disagreement between the audio settings in the project and the current values ​​in the program, offers to restore the audio settings from the project.
The same situation can arise not only with audio devices, but also with MIDI devices.
Andrey.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 am

Hi
Something strange here.
Between 4 and 5, do you go to settings and select the sound card ?
It will not be selected by LP when turned on.
AEK

Postby AEK » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi,
I thought that the project file contains information about the devices used (audio and midi) and routing. This is confirmed by the fact that when I download the project, I get information about an inaccessible audio device. Your idea is clear to me - first you need to run the LP, configure all the devices in it, and then load the project. I have a slightly different habit - I download projects by clicking on the project file, and he already opens the LP.
Andrey.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”