Programm Change

dukimusic

Programm Change

Postby dukimusic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Can someone please explain, how it is possible to change Plugin Presets in LiveProfessor 2 with Native Instruments Kontakt 5?
E.G. I turned on to BAND Classic Bass.nki and want to change to Band Clavinet.nki.

In LiveProfessor I can see under PlugIn Presets the Preset Classic Bass, but not the other following presets e.g. Clavinett and so on, perhaps because it is an nki.Sample.
It would be very useful to get the ability to change live nki.Samplebanks of a library and also even load the whole libraries of Kontakt himself per programm change under Plugin Presets in LiveProfessor.
nikolai

Re: Programm Change

Postby nikolai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am

Hi
I'm pretty sure you can save and recall the enitre setup of kontakt using a plugin or global snapshot.
Then add it to a cue list, and assign a program change trigger on it.
If it is a good idea in the case of a live performance i'm more sceptical about.
I would rather load up all sounds in kontakt and switch midi channels or something. the change time will then be near zero.
ryan

Postby ryan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Yeah, it can be a problem to recall a Kontakt global snapshot in a live performance. Some Kontakt multis can take quite a while to load up.

Here's a better way:

Use the global snapshot filters to exclude the Kontakt plugin, so that snapshots will never mess with Kontakt.

In Kontakt, put your instruments and libraries into an instrument bank. (Anybody using Kontakt for live performance should really be doing this anyway). Save the bank as your default multi.

In LP2, use a midi cue to send a Program Change to the Kontakt instrument bank. It will quickly load without disrupting other plugins.

If you need a cue where Kontakt is turned off, just use a midi cue to send a Program Change to a blank instrument bank slot. I keep the first bank slot empty and send Program Change 0 to turn off Kontakt.

All of my cues have both a global snapshot and a midi cue just for Kontakt.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 am

ryan wrote:Yeah, it can be a problem to recall a Kontakt global snapshot in a live performance. Some Kontakt multis can take quite a while to load up.

Here's a better way:

Use the global snapshot filters to exclude the Kontakt plugin, so that snapshots will never mess with Kontakt.

In Kontakt, put your instruments and libraries into an instrument bank. (Anybody using Kontakt for live performance should really be doing this anyway). Save the bank as your default multi.

In LP2, use a midi cue to send a Program Change to the Kontakt instrument bank. It will quickly load without disrupting other plugins.

If you need a cue where Kontakt is turned off, just use a midi cue to send a Program Change to a blank instrument bank slot. I keep the first bank slot empty and send Program Change 0 to turn off Kontakt.

All of my cues have both a global snapshot and a midi cue just for Kontakt.

Sound like a great plan.
Thank you for sharing this, I don't know kontakt all that well so it is better coming from someone who actually use it

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”