Audio Patch Window looks messed up

Lytz1

Audio Patch Window looks messed up

Postby Lytz1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:24 am

Hey there,

the Audio Patch Menu looks bugged. I think this is since the Aux/SC stuff went into LP2.

As you can see in the picture on the left side (top to bottom row, source connections) the Labeling is missing for the multi-outs.
In this case from Phalanx but this holds true for every multi-out instrument, no matter AU or Vst.

On the lower row (left to right at the bottom, target connections) you can see that some labels are completely missing.

(By the way, when having multiple multi-out instruments the Audio Patcher gets very very cluttered very quickly.
It would be nice to have some kind of ability to collapse multiout connections
like it can be done with the chains in the navigator.

Also the possibility for reordering would be good (or hardwirded to the ordering of the navigator window) as it can get quite confusing when we reorder stuff in the Navigator / Chainslist but the Audio Patcher
has a complete different order of items.)

Thanks & best,
tL.

screenshot 5.jpg
screenshot 5.jpg (168.47 KiB) Viewed 475 times
AEK

Re: Audio Patch Window looks messed up

Postby AEK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi Lytz1,
It seems to me that if you have a Wire function, using the audio patch menu generally does not make sense. All the commutation is much more convenient to do in the Wire menu.
Andrey.
Lytz1

Postby Lytz1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Aaah, no. :) In theory, yes, but In my case not really. Not yet. Audio Patch is still better for me. I use a lot of modular Apps (Radium, Jeskola Buzz, AudioMulch, Plogue Bidule, Hollyhock 3, etc..) but
Wire View in LP2 is still a mess for bigger projects. And unfortunalty I only do bigger projects.

(Keep in mind I use LP2 in a Studio Enviroment, not for Live use, so I use
multiple Multi-out instruments, multiple instruments, internal midi sequencer plugins like thesys, a lot of chains for processing, Bus-Routing, Sub-Grouping and a lot of other stuff too.
That makes a complete and utter mess in Wire view. Topped by all my external inputs showing up there as well... I can't see sh** with all the stuff there...however Modular is always somewhat a problem on bigger projects,
no matter which app you use...)

Audio Patch View was fine before, so the graphical glitches should at least be fixed. I still consider Wireview kinda beta in comparison to other modular apps solutions to the tyical "overview" or "cable-mess" problem.
(You need at least something like container-groups, sub-levels, hide non selected connections, highlight selected connections, ability to intelligently add/delete multiple connections with modifier in one go,
search field to find and highlight specific modules, coloring modules, etc etc etc...)

Best,
tL.
AEK

Postby AEK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Large studio projects of course are very difficult to implement. I see. But, if you are familiar with Bidule, it is not entirely clear why you need LP. Bibude is self-sufficient (almost ideal) DAW for studio work.
And I, after working for 5 years on Bydule, just gradually go to the LP. But, I have a concert work.
But, about the tastes can not be hidden. This is purely my point of view ... :D

Best,
Andrey.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am

Lytz1 wrote:Hey there,

the Audio Patch Menu looks bugged. I think this is since the Aux/SC stuff went into LP2.

As you can see in the picture on the left side (top to bottom row, source connections) the Labeling is missing for the multi-outs.
In this case from Phalanx but this holds true for every multi-out instrument, no matter AU or Vst.

On the lower row (left to right at the bottom, target connections) you can see that some labels are completely missing.

I'll look in to that.

As for Wire View vs Patch View.
They both serve different purpose.
Personally, and for most people, when using this together with a FOH mixer i just need to route input 1-32 to chain 1-32 and same with outputs. this is super fast in the audio patch window, and a total mess in the wire view.
If I was to get creative with the routing, and the project dont have a lot of channels the WireView is faster and presents a clearer view of the signal flow
Lytz1

Postby Lytz1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 pm

AEK wrote:But, if you are familiar with Bidule, it is not entirely clear why you need LP.

Best,
Andrey.

LP2 purely because of faster workflow when driven by external sequencer. (Easier to assign/better overview) and especially (!!) because of the Snapshot morphing (a la AMulch).
That's the only thing that brought me to it. Setting up preset morphing in Bidule is really really a PITA.
Also Bidule is (at least in my case) unfortunatly not very stable at all with some of my bread n butter plugins. LP2 is, for the mosst part.

And Mulch is still 32bit single-core only. If not I would have stayed with Mulch altogether.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”