Audio inputs to LiveProfessor2 from same computer

Sonic Roof

Audio inputs to LiveProfessor2 from same computer

Postby Sonic Roof » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 pm

I am a DJ looking to process my audio using my VST recording plugins before my audio leaves my sound card. I also have a midi controller (Novation Launch Control) that i want to map so that i have a quick bank of controls for the main output signal processing chain.

Live Professor 2 seems to do all of this very admirably with the exception of one thing... i cant figure out how i can send audio from my DJ software into Live Professor 2 without sending it out of my sound card first.

Is there a way that we can create virtual soundcard inputs into the Live Professor 2 software? This way i could route all of the DJ software outputs into Live Professor 2 and process them before the sound leaves my computer?
nikolai

Re: Audio inputs to LiveProfessor2 from same computer

Postby nikolai » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi
Are you on windows or mac ?
Please have a look at this:
http://feedback.liveprofessor.net/knowl ... -from-othe
Sonic Roof

Postby Sonic Roof » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:03 pm

I am using a Windows 10 PC.

If i use the Window's Audio engine (instead of ASIO) i will only have 2 inputs and 2 outputs though, right?

For my immediate purposes, it looks like this strategy might work, but it does limit my future expansion quite a bit. Is the integration of multiple sound cards (so that i might use a VAC and a physical sound card at the same time) part of a future roadmap?

Sigh... if only JACK worked on windows.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am

Hi
Using two devices at the same time is a windows limitstion on the driver/api side.
But, if you install asio4all you can use them all at the same time using the UI in asi4all to combine them and then switch LiveProfessor to use ASIO. I know this has been done many times

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”