Backing Tracks?

markg

Backing Tracks?

Postby markg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:58 am

Sorry if this has been covered before (I'm new to LiveProfessor), but is there a way to play backing tracks and sync VST changes to the audio? For example: change plugins between verse and chorus?

thanks,
mark
nikolai

Re: Backing Tracks?

Postby nikolai » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am

Hi
Yes there are some (limited) functions for this.
If you drag wav/aiff files on the cue list (or add an audio cue) you can play audio files.
There is no timeline so if you need to make a automatic change during the song, you would need to add cues in the same parent cue as the wav file, and then add pre-wait times to the events to delay them.
For backing tracks I usually use Qlab as that is far superior regarding control of the playback/programming. (looping/fading/vamping/etc)
If you go down the qlab path you can control (recall cues or snapshots) from qlab using OSC.
markg

Postby markg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:43 pm

nikolai wrote:Hi
Yes there are some (limited) functions for this.
If you drag wav/aiff files on the cue list (or add an audio cue) you can play audio files.
There is no timeline so if you need to make a automatic change during the song, you would need to add cues in the same parent cue as the wav file, and then add pre-wait times to the events to delay them.
For backing tracks I usually use Qlab as that is far superior regarding control of the playback/programming. (looping/fading/vamping/etc)
If you go down the qlab path you can control (recall cues or snapshots) from qlab using OSC.

Thanks for the Qlab suggestion, but I am mostly PC based and there are much better laptop / tablet hybrids for performance scenarios on the Windows side. I might have to write my own app. Seems like a market that it's underserved.
moris

Postby moris » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi Nikolai,
Qlab is really expensive because of the extended functions (lighting, video,....).
Is it possible to add just a little bit more controls to the playback player? What would be really useful to me for exemple is a stop function (via OSC, midi or cue)
and level control by cue.(I use a chain for each player for this purpose).
With this, I can mix the live concerts, and do most of the theater,dance cue based shows. And let ableton and qlab down.
Really like your software btw
Best regards
Nico
moris

Postby moris » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi Nikolai,

Would it be possible to add some basic functions to the player ? like stop and loop?
For little theater/dance shows, it can replace easily lab and live as a cue player. for automations, I use the out gain of a chainer, maybe the out of the player itself could be automated by cue. Too sad and redondant to use qlab just for this.
best regards
Nico
btw, your soft is really cool for FOH fx processing.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 am

Hi
The basic version of Qlab is free as far as I can recall.
Anyway, yes this type of functionality is on the todo list, but not on the top I'm afraid. To many core functions need work first, that are needed by the majority of users. But, yes, obviously the playback part needs some love and care at the moment.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”