on windows 10 now

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
anwaypasible

on windows 10 now

Postby anwaypasible » Fri May 27, 2016 1:30 pm

the audio buffer problem has happened since moving to windows 10 .. though that isn't the exact reason i'm here.

at first I was seeing some slow loading times for the opening window with the name of the software 'n such - and it took a while for that window to go away too.
that escalated to the program icon on the taskbar being displayed, but you know how it does an animation far to the side and slides over?
well it gets stuck & the whole taskbar is frozen. sometimes it unfreezes & sometimes it doesn't.
i'm thinking it is a windows 10 problem, because I've had the taskbar freeze up over & over again until I finally re-installed the operating system even though it was less than one week old.
but i'm informing you anyways to allow you to do a review (if necessary then necessary huh, or to double check for one less thing to worry about - either way).

coincidentally, those taskbar freezes went away for quite a while & I didn't see 'em again until I opened up liveprofessor one day (after a fresh restart).
linguistics seems to be contextually based, I guess also somehow biased.

i'm seeing other problems with the operating system too though.
such as Microsoft edge working perfectly on my mother's computer & it runs terribly on this computer (same processor, yet hers has less ram - though hers is 32bit & mine is 64bit)
been seeing java errors while typing, such as placing the text cursor up higher into my post and it highlights an entire character space rather than fitting between letters - then all the letters to the right of the cursor are deleted from any keystroke input (as they lay to the left) including the spacebar.
sometimes the cursor highlights a character space rather than lays between the letters & any keystrokes change the letter highlighted & the cursor doesn't move to the right - the letters are simply replaced over & over again with each new keystroke.

as of right now, microsoft's edge browser has spell check & it turned itself on with the word 'it' from 'it does an animation far tot he side' and has continued to put a red line under every single character space from that point onward.
I don't enjoy seeing you two talk through me.

i'm still using version 1.2.5. because I read the changes to version 2 & felt more comfortable with version 1.

I've seen console windows pop up & close faster than the black background shows to show any text, multiple times.
was trying to uninstall some programs from the new app & feature area in windows 10 & every time I clicked on a program to uninstall it the program closed - yet ccleaner uninstalled the program just fine.

been getting some video tdr failures too.
it ran with sli before, not a current availability problem.
took one card out & it ran for months.
took that card out and replaced it with another graphics card that uses less power & still seeing the crashes.
tried older driver versions & still seen the problem.

I guess thanks to the gtx960 i'll be able to use a different motherboard that doesn't need sli & I can at least get rid of this hellbent motherboard that was given to me & see if the problem transfers over to the new motherboard.
(already replaced the hard drive, the hard drive cables, the ram, the graphics card)
nothing left but the cpu & power supply & computer case (coincidentally, that is all that would be conceivably necessary if there was something hidden in the computer case & a cpu that is one way or another illicit, with a power supply that might send a homing signal or has a lack of a filter)
I've taken things out of the computer case, but inevitably the front panel always connects to the motherboard & that might be all it takes.

i'm supposed to whine & cry because their system is pathetic while mine is impossible to hack? even if a new particle was found, technically that particle might be able to get shoved out & if it can't .. the operating system could be patched same day or same month or very next motherboard release to again make the system impossible to hack.

i'm gonna hit you up in a pm or email & get you some last bit of audio calibration tweaking advice anyways (nothing like it).
nature.. time.. and patience are the three great healers
nikolai

Re: on windows 10 now

Postby nikolai » Mon May 30, 2016 10:38 am

Hi
Sorry to say that I will not spend any resources in optimizing version 1 for windows 10, as I see it as a legacy product and would like users to move over to version 2.
If you want to continue to use version 1 however feel free to do so, just note that it will not be actively developed any longer.
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

noted.

i intend on getting a new motherboard, cpu, power supply, pc case some time in the future & if my problems go away i want to come back here to clear up any mess i've caused.

all i can really say about it here & now is, i've used an emu 0404 pci soundcard i've got with the intention of using it for room calibrations , i put it into this computer for the 24bit recording the onboard soundcard can't do & for the brief time i've used it there weren't any problems with liveprofessor.
(there was some problems with room eq wizard, but none with liveprofessor)

will people be able to roll back to version 1 from version 2 if they ever choose|want to?
because i'll try version 2 & see if all the plugins i use work at least.

**edit**
ouch, i read the upgrade portion wrong - but you already know what i said about version 1.

the new motherboard didn't stop the audio buffer problems, but it did stop the video tdr failures.
Special K

Postby Special K » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 am

nikolai wrote:Hi
Sorry to say that I will not spend any resources in optimizing version 1 for windows 10, as I see it as a legacy product and would like users to move over to version 2.
If you want to continue to use version 1 however feel free to do so, just note that it will not be actively developed any longer.

Hi Nicolai
Short question:
I updated to Win 10 and I'm still using LP 1 (32bit and 64bit Version).
The 32bit Version works still fine.
The 64bit Version (1.2.5) have hanging notes ......... let's say once in a Minute while playing. Either I have to Play the same note again or hit the panic button to stop the note from sounding.

I will update to LP2 sooner or later ......... but did you have or heard about that Kind of problem.......... hanging notes ?
I would like to know if this Problem will be solved by updating to LP2.

Thankx.

Regards
Bernd
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 am

I've had some sort of hanging notes too.
every time I reach for a knob that moves a lot with a little bit of movement, it takes time to find the number I want - yet live professor's gui screen boots me from being able to move the knob for as long as I want, at an interval that seems to be steady.
I don't see why the window doesn't continue to float as it used to.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Special K wrote:
nikolai wrote:Hi

Hi Nicolai
Short question:
I updated to Win 10 and I'm still using LP 1 (32bit and 64bit Version).
The 32bit Version works still fine.
The 64bit Version (1.2.5) have hanging notes ......... let's say once in a Minute while playing. Either I have to Play the same note again or hit the panic button to stop the note from sounding.

I will update to LP2 sooner or later ......... but did you have or heard about that Kind of problem.......... hanging notes ?
I would like to know if this Problem will be solved by updating to LP2.

Thankx.

Regards
Bernd

Hi
Yes I have had some reports of stuck midi notes on LP1, never figured it out. but it seems to be related to some specific plugins. because of this, it is a bit hard to say if your issue will remain in the new version. Best just to download and try really :)
Noldo

Postby Noldo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 am

anwaypasible wrote:I've had some sort of hanging notes too.
every time I reach for a knob that moves a lot with a little bit of movement, it takes time to find the number I want - yet live professor's gui screen boots me from being able to move the knob for as long as I want, at an interval that seems to be steady.

Same here on W10.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:40 am

Noldo wrote:
anwaypasible wrote:I've had some sort of hanging notes too.

Same here on W10.

@Noldo is this in LiveProfessor 1?

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”