Can't trigger cues via Midi

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
grubbavitch

Can't trigger cues via Midi

Postby grubbavitch » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 am

Hello. Really enjoying setting up LP with all my guitar plugins, sounds great.

The one single problem I am having is triggering cues via Midi. I have a windows usb gamepad (x-box type) going through Fergo to send midi signals. It's configured in the hardware controller section - midi learn works perfectly there.

But when I try and set a button to trigger cues the MIDI Learn won't pick up my button presses. Have I missed a step? I've got one button controlling tap tempo but just can't get the cues to trigger.

Thanks in advance =) :wink:
grubbavitch

Re: Can't trigger cues via Midi

Postby grubbavitch » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:10 am

Thanks to Nikolai this problem is resolved.

But now I'm having trouble getting VMPK to work with Liveprofessor. I have prized all but 10 of the buttons off a USB qwerty keyboard (for use as a footswitch) and used an Autohotkey script to remap the buttons. Then using Virtual Midi Piano Keyboard I've got the buttons mapped to midi notes. Output is through LoopBe.

In LP LoopBe is set up as the input but when I try and set up the controller the Midi Learn function isn't recognising my button presses. Anybody got some ideas or alternative suggestions?

Will any midi note do? Or should I be mapping the keys to particular values?
grubbavitch

Postby grubbavitch » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:15 am

I worked out what the problem was here too. VMPK doesn't work unless it's on top. Minimized or behind LP, it doesn't send commands. As soon as I made VMPK "Always On Top", LP was able to learn the midi signals.

So now I need an alternative to VMPK that can run in the background =)
robrohdeszudy

Postby robrohdeszudy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:19 am

grubbavitch wrote:Hello. Really enjoying setting up LP with all my guitar plugins, sounds great.

The one single problem I am having is triggering cues via Midi. I have a windows usb gamepad (x-box type) going through Fergo to send midi signals. It's configured in the hardware controller section - midi learn works perfectly there.

But when I try and set a button to trigger cues the MIDI Learn won't pick up my button presses. Have I missed a step? I've got one button controlling tap tempo but just can't get the cues to trigger.

So what was the solution? I'm having the same problem.
robrohdeszudy

Postby robrohdeszudy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:53 am

grubbavitch wrote:Hello. Really enjoying setting up LP with all my guitar plugins, sounds great.

The solution for that first problem is here, BTW: http://feedback.liveprofessor.net/knowl ... s-via-midi
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you, and I'm glad you found the solution

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”