dll entry point missing

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
Biggazdixon

dll entry point missing

Postby Biggazdixon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi,
I've only discovered Live Professor recently and up to now I love it but I do have one issue. I know from reading through the forum that Waves plugins present an issue because they behave differently but I didn't see anyone reporting the error message I get so I thought I'd ask here.

As I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of the package I bought I always get an error saying 32 into 64 or vice versa when it sees the one that is wrong but I also get a further 3 fails, 'GenericMulticoreProcessor, DLL entry point could not be detected', 'GenericWinProcess' with the same message and the plugin itself with 'System error, Code 126. The specified module could not be found'

Is this just another Waves specific issue or have I done something more fundimentally wrong?

Many thanks
Gary
nikolai

Re: dll entry point missing

Postby nikolai » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi Garry
As far as know the waves plugins are working fine in the latest version (and have been working for some time)
I'm pretty sure the three files you are seeing errors with are not actual plugins.
Vst plugins are .dll files, but the "problem" is that dll files are generic windows "extention files"
They are used all over windows, and can be used for anything.
So these dll files are scanned by LiveProfessor, and the "dll entry point missing" error simply means that there is nothing inside that file that resembles a VST plugin.
The only file you should need to scan for waves is the WavesShell-VST 9.x file, and then all waves plugins should show up.

Hope this clears it up
Regards
Nikolai Bergstrøm
Biggazdixon

Re: dll entry point missing

Postby Biggazdixon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:34 am

Thank you Nikolai, I can load them now. I don't know why I didn't find the right folder before!

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”