CPU overload portection for dependability

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
sammyec250

CPU overload portection for dependability

Postby sammyec250 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi, CPU overload protection (by killing voices), for technical security in live performances. Very important to obviate the risk of audio drop outs! There must be an feature of LP setup (engine setup, global settings).
I would be grateful if you would act on this request at your earliest convenience., many thanks.
Bye
nikolai

Re: CPU overload portection for dependability

Postby nikolai » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:00 am

Hi
I don't see how that is possible (?) The plugin host has no control over the number of voices that a plugin uses. Or even the amount of cpu.
To the host, the plugin is simply a "black box", it can be turned on/off.
So you would need to set this in each plugin.
sammyec250

Postby sammyec250 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Yes, life is not all guns and roses. But where there's a will there's a way. It works in KONTAKT. Is there a chance for LPst disaster are drop outs at a live gig. It would be a shame because it limits operations.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi. Yes of course kontakt can limit it's number of voices. That is possible because it is kontakt that "owns" these voices. There are no way for an external device to set the number of voices in a plugin.
As long as your system is stable and you don't load more plugins then the machine can handle there will be no problem.
Have had a system running 24/7 since Christmas with out any issues. Then again this is the ONLY thing that computer does. and it is not loaded up to it's limits.
If there was a nice way to gracefully limit the processing I would do it.
sammyec250

Postby sammyec250 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am

Hi Nikolai, my system have this problem: When I scroll between loaded VSTi sound get cracking troubles by playing midi/give input. I think the cpu overloads (CPU: 2x 2.9Ghz; 4GB RAM, iuse this PC only for audio/DAW).
Is this an problem by LP - can this be true?
Thanks.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi
Yes I've see that before, (although it was in cubase when scrolling the time line)
I think that has to do with the graphics-card stealing up bandwidth from the audio part.
To investigate these kinds of issues I would recommend this article:

http://feedback.liveprofessor.net/knowledgebase/articles/142709-tweaking-win7-for-audio-processing

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”