Midi Fader Issue

SplitTheDifference

Midi Fader Issue

Postby SplitTheDifference » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 pm

I'm using an Icon Platform M to mix the Chain output gain level. It's been working fine but now if I have a chain selected the fader fights me and doesn't track correctly. When I initially open LP2 everything is tracking just fine but the second I click on a chain the midi fader gets all glitchy and fights me.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!
nikolai

Re: Midi Fader Issue

Postby nikolai » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:45 pm

SplitTheDifference wrote:I'm using an Icon Platform M to mix the Chain output gain level. It's been working fine but now if I have a chain selected the fader fights me and doesn't track correctly. When I initially open LP2 everything is tracking just fine but the second I click on a chain the midi fader gets all glitchy and fights me.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Strange, how is this mapped? are you using the "Only If selected" option or something.
Or are these just mapped straight fader to gain knob . Like fader 1 = chain 1, fader 2 = chain 2 ?
SplitTheDifference

Postby SplitTheDifference » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm using cc # 7 to control the output gain of each chain. i found it works better if I deselect the curve option but it still happens. I've have multiple controllers that i've tried so i think i've ruled out the controller. I also used older versions of lp2 to see if it was the new update but it's doing it for all of them.

There was a new update for the Icon Platform M so I'm afraid it might be something with that but I want to totally rule out that it's a LP2 issue.

It's like midi info is going back to the fader and messing with everything. I've tried disconnecting midi thru but that doesn't seem to help.
SplitTheDifference

Postby SplitTheDifference » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:00 am

I just remembered something else. I have a ch strip plugin as the last one in the chain and I tried controlling the fader on that plugin and it worked fine so I do think it's something in the LP2 software.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 am

Ok, thank you for the research, I'll hook up an controller and see if I can recreate it
SplitTheDifference

Postby SplitTheDifference » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Great. Thanks! Sorry for the scattered posts. I'm in the middle of a couple really busy days with a big show tomorrow night. I'll be working with it more today so I'll let you know if I figure anything else out.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”