Loading Scene from different Computer

LL1997

Loading Scene from different Computer

Postby LL1997 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Hello!

I've been using Live Professor successfully for a while now at my church with an old MacBook Pro we had lying around. I installed a few Waves Plugins for which I transport my licenses on an USB Stick, which works fine.
For a smaller Tour I'm doing sound on, I now want to use my own Windows PC to run LiveProfessor with Waves, as I don't have the MacBook available. Last Week I saved the .rack2 file to my USB Stick and took it home with me. Upon setting everything up for the Weekend today, I ran into a few problems. It seems, as if Waves Central installed the Plugins with a different name on the Mac and my PC. Apparently the RVerb I'm using was called RVerb (m->s) on Mac and it's name on my PC is RVerb Mono/Stereo and so on. LiveProfessor now throws a whole lot of error messages at me when opening the Setup File telling me it can't find the Plugins. I'm given the option to replace it with a Plugin out of my Plugin List and I just went on and chose the equivalent ones from my Library.
Now the huge problem I have is, that not a single one of my 20+ Global Snapshots I programmed over the last couple of weeks is working and recalling correctly. There are no error messages, the Recall scope is still correct, but there's just nothing happening with the plugin controls. They stay in their "default" positions. Not even the bpm in H-Delay changes accordingly although being set to Host and the LP tempo being the only thing that is recalled from my snapshots.
Is there any way I can get my show file up and running again? Did any one else somehow get around this issue? I still have the original and intact file before I pulled it up in LP so if there is anything to do in advance it would be possible.
Or is there anything I can rename to make stuff load back up correctly? If you need more details just tell me!
I would appreciate any kind of help or advice that can point me in the right direction. Reprogramming the whole show from scratch would be a huge amount of work and pretty hard as we're not going to rehearse every song and I'd have to guess which settings I had dialed in.

I'm running LP2 V2.1.5

Thanks in advance!
Lauritz
nikolai

Re: Loading Scene from different Computer

Postby nikolai » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi
Yes this can be a bit tricky, it has to do with the plugins not beeing the same, (although they have the same name)
First check if you are using VST or AU on the mac. and VST2 or VST3 on the PC.
This is kind of a jungle, as the vendors have different formats, and the data stored in the snapshots are not always cross compatible it seems.
If you could report back on the formats I'll see if it is possible to make an option that forces the settings on a plugin.
Right now, when recalling a snap, LP checks to see if the plugin that the snap was made with matches the plugin it is being recalled on.
Maybe it would work if I (optionally) removed that check.
LL1997

Postby LL1997 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks for the answer!
I don't quite remember what I used on the Mac but I just opened the rack2 file in Notepad and it looks like I used AU Versions (it says AudioUnits right before the plugin names when I search for them). On Windows I use the VST3 Versions.
That seems to be the problem then - I can see why it's hard to make that cross compatible with all these different sorts. But if there is any possibility I'd be very thankful for some help.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi
Could you please try this version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6skj6kofwm43 ... p.zip?dl=1
It is for windows.
this version has a new option under Options > Program Options > Force loading of snapshots
This will push the data to the plugins even though the plugin id does not match the one in the snap.
Let me know how that works in your situation
LL1997

Postby LL1997 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi!
Thanks for the effort! I downloaded the linked zip and had a try. It doesn't find the plugins in this version either so I selected them manually again.
With your option there is more going on in terms of changes in plugin settings but unfortunately they are completely random and don't have anything to do with the snapshots I created. Reverb and Delay settings are going crazy all over the place.
So not really working either I'm afraid to say.
My gig where I needed it was this weekend so I had to reprogram a bunch of songs and I probably won't need it again that soon. So it would be nice to have this feature some time when needed but it's not really urgent for me right now. If you decide to continue fixing this, I can definitely help testing stuff. But if it's not really possible I'd totally understand. I can imagine it being a big struggle working with all these different plugin formats and manufacturers.
Thank you for taking the time to look into it though!
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi
I was affraid it would be like that, the data is just not compatible I guess.
I could at best get H-Delay to recall right between mac AU and mac VST.
Shelving this feature for now.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”