Bug in global snapshots

AEK

Bug in global snapshots

Postby AEK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi
Version LP 2.1.6 B3 X64
There was a very unpleasant bug: :(
The function of global snapshots does not work correctly - when restoring the value of Audio Output Gain and MIDI Modifiers in the chain are restored not with the values with which they were recorded.
Related question: How to save (restore) in global snapshots the values of these fields for certain chains? Unlike plug-ins, in the settings of global snapshots there is no choice of chains.
In the current bild, when the value changes(Output Gain,Modifiers) only in one chain, the values of the same parameter change in the other chain, which should not be.
Andrey.

nikolai

Re: Bug in global snapshots

Postby nikolai » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi
The function of global snapshots does not work correctly - when restoring the value of Audio Output Gain and MIDI Modifiers in the chain are restored not with the values with which they were recorded.

Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this, are you saying that the settings are not recalled as you stored them? Are you sure the filters are off? For me this works in 2.1.5 and 2.1.6.
What happens, nothing or wrong values?.
Here is how I tested:
  • Chain + plugin, set output gain and midi modifiers.
  • Create snapshot, no filter
  • Change output gain and midi modifier
  • Recall snapshot.
  • Settings are restored.

Related question: How to save (restore) in global snapshots the values of these fields for certain chains? Unlike plug-ins, in the settings of global snapshots there is no choice of chains.
In the current bild, when the value changes(Output Gain,Modifiers) only in one chain, the values of the same parameter change in the other chain, which should not be.

If I understand correctly, you want to recall the Output Gain of only some chains ?
Global Snapshot can not filter this detailed at the moment.
Best way is probably to use a Cue with Gain Change action (The Volume icon in the Cue List)
Create one for each chain you want to change and put them in the same group.
(Then you can also apply fade times)
AEK

Postby AEK » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi Nikolai,
My goal is to keep in one global snapshot the parameters of one chain (the values of some parameters of plug-ins only this circuit) + set the value of the output gain of only this chain + the value of midi modified only this chain. This can not be done. When the snapshot is turned on, in addition to the chain I need, I switch between output gain & Modifiers and other chains.
Do you recommend turning off all filters when creating a global snapshot? But, in this case, the values of the plugins will not be saved ...
On screenshots I showed with what parameters I save global snapshots for chains. When the M-I-1 snapshot is called, except that it correctly changes the value of the Modifiers chain Manual-I, it changes the value of the Modifiers chain Manual-II. And what should not do.

nikolai

Postby nikolai » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am

Hi
Ok so there is not a real bug then?
The global snapshots can't recall only one chain in the current version, I could add them to the list of plugins on the right, would that help ?
Just to be clear, the filter affects recall, not save. So when you create/save a snapshot all data is saved, but when you recall it the filter decides what should be recalled and not.
AEK

Postby AEK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 am

Hi Nikolai,
Oh, that's how ... I think it's time to eliminate this unpleasant restriction.
If there is an opportunity to determine the chains involved in the restore of global snapshots, the functionality of the program will increase.
Yes, you have a good idea to make a list of chains to the right of the list of plug-ins.
Huge request - find, please, time and make these program changes as quickly as possible ...

If I correctly understood the idea of global snapshots, then snapshot records all the current parameters of the project, and not those that are defined in the filters. Can this method consume less resources and take less time than recording a snapshot with the parameters specified in the filter?
Andrey.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”