LP2 using Waves StudioRack/SG Server

nikolai

Re: LP2 using Waves StudioRack/SG Server

Postby nikolai » Sat May 12, 2018 11:52 am

To be honest, I have no idea why the waves stuff behaves like it does.
The only ones who can tell what is going on is Waves support.
Being waves though, they will probably just tell you (or me) that LiveProfessor is not on their list of supported hosts, and that they will not answer any questions.
Basically, there is nothing I can do in LiveProfessor to fix this, it is all going on in a "deeper level" inside the Studio Rack plugin.
I would suggest you contact waves support on this, as it might increase the chances of them recognizing LiveProfessor. Then again, they have MutliRack so it might not be in their interest to make this work :?
mlcook19

Postby mlcook19 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:04 am

I have an update...

I spent some time on the phone with Waves technical support and was able to get a Waves MGO/MGB setup as the interface between my live console and LP2.

Without any plugins inserted and all the buffers set as low as possible I was abble to get a 2ms round trip (I tested with SMAART for verification.

I think anyone having issues with the 74ms deal is struggling because they are still using the SG Connect protocol in some way.

Michael
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you @mlcook19 !
That makes sense, so I guess this case is closed.
You need a sound grid audio interface to get this working, the SG Connect setup will not work, you will get a 74ms delay.
SG Connect will only work in a DAW as a mixing tool, where everything is buffered anyway.
Thank you for your time figuring this out.
Regards
Nikolai Bergstrøm