Compitability with Yamaha Dante Accelerator

sfxter

Compitability with Yamaha Dante Accelerator

Postby sfxter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am

Hello everyone.
I'm loving this software, because it makes my life so much easier. But recently I started to giving up on Live Professor, because after using it for some longer time (sometime hour, sometime more) I'm having huge issue, which is incompatible with pro live audio.
Live Professor delays audio by about 1 second. You can imagine a nightmare, when it is inserted on master. Then what I have to do is to go to the audio input settings, select different input audio device and then select dante device again. Am I the only one, who's having this problem?

I am using:
LiveProfessor 2.1.5
MacbookPro mid 2015
OS X 10.11.6
Yamaha Dante Accelerator card AIC128-D
Sonnet Echo Express SE II Thunderbolt expansion box (to connect PCI Express card to Macbook Pro Thunderbolt port).
patrass

Re: Compitability with Yamaha Dante Accelerator

Postby patrass » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 pm

i have a yamaha dante accelerator on pc desktop in pciE inserted on each channel on a QL1 with 32 sample buffer and i have no problem
ask rapace312 for the thunderbolt external box on mac he do lots of test with RME card
The Chainmaster
LX6464ES,RME AIO,BABYFACE,HDSP9652 AIC128D win8.1/32*64
sfxter

Postby sfxter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:44 pm

so there are no more users using LiveProfessor with Dante Accelerator card?
sfxter

Postby sfxter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Dear Nikolai, I believe that you are busy developing software and generating new ideas, but maybe you could help me solve this mystery? Is there a way to collect useful data, which could be used for investigation and problem reproduction?
This bug renders software to be kind of hard to use in pro application.
Thank you in advance.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 am

Sure Sfxter
Sorry for taking so long to reply.
There has to be something going on at the system level here.
I dont see how the software can delay audio 1 second, that would require a very large buffer.

• So, can this be tied to a plugin, or is it also a problem when running through a "clean" chain?
  • Turn off app nap, that has been known to create problems on some systems when running in the background:
    http://audiostrom.com/?epkb_post_type_1 ... und-on-osx
  • Is there anything other special to this setup, any other applications sharing the audio or something?
  • Does the same problem happen in other audio applications ?
  • What sample rates are you running at?
Sorry for all the questions, but since this is a "never heard of" issue, we kind of have to just narrow it down
sfxter

Postby sfxter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 am

I had this issue yesterday during a show. Not the best feeling.

I doubt that this is related with a plugin, because all chains are delayed at the time of issue, although chains have different plugins.
App Nap was turned off.
No other application using audio during a show.
Did not tried this setup with waves multirack, because I'm using some Slate Digital plugins.
Sample rate is 48kHz.

I dont think that this is a driver problem, because switching audio device (does not matter - input or output) in Live Professor from "Dante" to "<<none>>" and then back to "Dante" fixes everything.
During the issue, Live Professor was not in background, I was not pressing or tweaking anything. It just came out of the blue. I've checked the time it happened and there are some interesting logs in console:

Code: Select all

4/12/18 7:06:25.666 PM LiveProfessor 2[616]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility.  At least one of them is hidden. 16WCParamExtension, 29WCParamExtensionMeterWithClip.

4/12/18 7:08:56.000 PM kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[<ptr>]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: counted 1 clip more than one buffer ahead errors.

4/12/18 7:08:56.967 PM LiveProfessor 2[616]: 19:08:56.966 WARNING:  140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.

Any ideas, how to troubleshoot, would be appreciated.
sfxter

Postby sfxter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 am

I have recently found this https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... 7&t=116566
and looks like other applications are affected too.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 am

Not sure about this issue, but the first thing I would do is to get away from OSX 10.11, to 10.12 or 10.13
10.11 had general audio issues, as far as I recall

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”