Separate export/import of audio-settings possible?

klangmeister

Separate export/import of audio-settings possible?

Postby klangmeister » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Would it be possible to implement an export/import-function of the audio-settings to LP2?

The scenario: I'm using LP2 connected to the built-in USB-interface of an X32, but only some specific in-/outputs (inputs 25 - 28 and outputs 1 - 6). Besides other plugins I use a Kontakt-player to fire some openers & trailers. These change from show to show and I prepare that at home with no X32 connected. As LP2 then doesn't find any Asio-units it switches to windows-audio with only 2 in/outs and higher buffers. For the preparing-situation that is no problem at all but it saves the audio-config with the project. So everytime when I come back to the show, I have to redo the complete setup for audio, reset the buffer, enable/disable all relevant in and outs and reset/control all connections of any chain/plugin. It would make my life much easier if I could export these settings and re-import them after having done some homework.
nikolai

Re: Separate export/import of audio-settings possible?

Postby nikolai » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 am

Hi
Yes, on the todo list I have a task to create a sort of "offline mode" or similar system where you can work with out having the real audio device present.
Need to figure out the best way though
klangmeister

Postby klangmeister » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Yeah - sounds good to me!
However, the possibilty to save and load the config would be a fine thing anyhow. I have situations where I have to use a RME-fireface instead of an X32 with the same project. The option to load and not redo the whole setup would be a good one.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 pm

I just figured out that you can load the patch using a global snapshot.
If you create a global snapshot with your 64 channel RME card. (You can set it to only recall Routing if you like)
Name it "RME Patch"
Save project
Switch to onboard audio (2 ch)
Make changes, save project.
Connect RME device
When you now open the project the patch is missing a lot of points.
Recall the global snapshot and the RME patch is back.

I you have time please let me know if this also works for you.
klangmeister

Postby klangmeister » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Nikolai,

I did exactly as you wrote. After onboard-audio/saving the project and reconnecting to the X32 I have to change back to the corresponding Asio-driver. By default inputs 1 &2 and all 32 outputs are active. Recalling the global snapshot doesn't change these. So I have to reset them all to my needs by hand, after that procedure the snapshot works. Unfortunately that's the smaller part of the problem. For me still the export/import of the driver's in/out-setting plus the global snapshot would be the solution. Or maybe the offline-mode.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Ok, thanks for checking that out.
I will get to work then.
klangmeister

Postby klangmeister » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:07 pm

After reflecting about my project I found out that the 'offline-mode' probably wouldn't fix my "problem" either:

At home I change the trailers in Kontakt and modify the start/stop-cues in my cue-list. After that I do a sonic test with my laptop's built-in speakers to be sure, everything works as it should. I guess, with an 'offline-mode' there would be no sound available (and hence no sonic test possible) - right?
sindyciaray

Postby sindyciaray » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 am

You can set it to only recall Routing if you like PhenQ
klangmeister

Postby klangmeister » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:53 pm

@sindyciaray:
You joined this forum at 8:40, 3 minutes later you wrote this post. So I don't think there was enough time to really read this topic. If you don't understand what it's all about, why not just keep hands off the keyboard? :roll:

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”